Preparation is the key to success in offshore racing
Kick start your team's preparation with this class
Share the knowledge - invite your team - the more the afterguard, speed team and crew are involved - the better. In this class you will learn about:
- sail selection and preparation
- pre-race weather study
- in-race optimal routing and tactics,
- satellite data techniques,
- staying safe offshore
- and much more
Includes a presentation by veteran meteorologist Chris Bedford on A2N climatology
Don't forget the navigator: Much of the class will feature Expedition Navigation & Racing software and Peter will share his knowledge of this powerful tool. Advanced techniques will be covered including:
- ensemble routing (crucial for pre-race prep)
- historical weather routing (includes a 10 year historical GRIB file for doing your own weather study)
CLASS IS ONLINE AND AVAILABLE ON-DEMAND NOW!
Not doing the race but interested in offshore sailing? Welcome aboard! The overall class contents will be invaluable for anyone racing offshore on the east coast and beyond.