Preparation is the key to success in offshore racing
Kick start your team's preparation with this class
Share the knowledge - invite your team - the more the afterguard, speed team and crew are involved - the better. In this class you will learn about:
- practice - optimizing team performance
- sailing fast 24/7
- sailing team communication
- pre-race weather study
- Race strategy
- in-race optimal routing and tactics,
- Gulf Stream strategy
- satellite data techniques
- sail selection and preparation,
- staying safe offshore
- and much more
Includes a presentation by veteran meteorologist Chris Bedford on Newport-Bermuda climatology.
With support from marine electronics guru and world class navigator, Artie Means.
Don't forget the navigator: The class will feature Expedition Navigation & Racing software and Peter will share his knowledge of this powerful tool. Advanced techniques will be covered including:
- ensemble routing (crucial for pre-race prep)
- historical weather routing
Not doing the race but interested in offshore sailing? Welcome aboard! The overall class contents will be invaluable for anyone racing offshore on the east coast and beyond.