What will I learn in this class?
There's a lot more to satellite and radar imagery than appears at first glance. This course will empower you to see these invaluable images with a new, erudite eyes. Learn where to find the best images - no matter where you are on the planet - and how to interpret them.
- Types of satellite imagery
- Accessing satellite images
- Identifying cloud types from satellite images
- Assessing the winds from clouds
- How weather radar works
- Accessing weather radar
- Cells vs Lines
- Forecasting time of passage
- Video: 50 minute lecture with Chris Bedford & Peter Isler
- Presentation notes
- Review of Quiz
- Resource material